Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We are Home!

After driving 4, 677 miles and crossing state lines 16 times, we made it back home at 3:30 am Tuesday (amazingly, earlier than we had planned). The kids were amazing on the trip back. We couldn't believe what troopers they were after all the days away and hours in the car.

In the quiet of the wee hours, David and I had time to reflect on the trip, what we saw, did, experienced. It was all so much better than we expected, especially me. I almost missed it because I thought the idea was so crazy and we wouldn't be able to pull it off. I am thankful my husband was patient (as well as persistent) as I took time to "get on board".

We appreciate all of the prayers, before we left and while we were gone. They were obvious. It was good to experience family without all the craziness of everyday life. Much more enjoyable than I thought 259 hours together in 11 days would be!

Of course, we were awed by the variety and majesty we saw of God's creation. We spoke of the truth in the verses:

Romans 1:20 "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse."

Luke 19:40 "And He answered and said, "I tell you, if these become silent, 'the stones will cry out!' "

There are still pictures I plan to post, but my computer has been having "issues" so it is taking a bit longer than planned. Hopefully it won't take too much longer. Check back soon. I also hope to have a guest book function on here soon and we'd love to have you sign it.

1 comment:

Amy Green said...

I am glad you guys had a great trip but jealous of all you got to do and see. Enjoy the rest and give the kids big hugs from me!