Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sneak Peek

Several people have asked about our lodging while in Kijabe. We actually have some pictures of the apartment and thought we’d share.

There’s a neat God story behind our “access” to these. My (Amy’s) 2nd cousin (on my dad’s side) is doing a 2-year stint at the hospital where we will be; he and his family stayed in this exact apartment when they first arrived in Kijabe last November. The crazy thing is I’ve never met Rhett and the only input David and I gave in the location of our placement through World Medical Mission (WMM) was that we were interested in serving in Africa.

Our kids have enjoyed looking pictures on Rhett and Megan’s blog and learning a little about where we’re going. Rhett has answered many of David’s medical and technology questions while Megan has fielded NUMEROUS questions from me about everything else! They have already been incredibly helpful and we can’t wait to meet them (and their 3 children) outside of cyberland. BTW, John has asked if they speak English. I’m still not sure he understands they’re Americans living in Kenya.

Here's the sitaplex ("sita" means six in kiswahili). We'll be in the apartment on the bottom right:


The Kitchen. I'm glad I went back to look at these. Matches aren't on my list and the stove is gas! As you can see, it is very nice and I am thankful b/c cooking every meal from scratch will be challenge enough!


The Dining Room and Heater:



Living Room (and adorable cousin we'll meet next week. I think she's going to give us language lessons):

No comments: